The team’s top 10 destinations and their travel wish list –
Liz’s Top 10 –
1. Val D’Isere – Is my favourite ski resort. It’s a high resort with a huge ski area & great Apres ski.
2. Croatia – We visited last year and travelled to lots of different resorts from National Parks to historic towns & beautiful islands.
3. Edinburgh – My favourite UK city break – easy to get to by train, lovely shops & restaurants and a walk up to Calton Hill has great views of the city
4. USA – Ive visited New York, Florida and travelled throughout California to Las Vegas.
5. Budapest – Loved how reasonable it is when you are there. Lots of beautiful buildings, history, views from the river and great bars and restaurants.
Liz’s Top 5 Wish List –
1. New Zealand – Ive arranged so many itineraries here & have friends and family that have been too so Id like to explore for myself.
2. Canada – The scenery looks amazing, I’d like to hire a car to explore the Rockies and visit Vancouver. The East coast looks really interesting too.
6. Sri Lanka – There is so much to see including Tea plantations, History, Culture, Beaches & Wildlife. I always say don’t just sit on the beach – there is so much to see.
7. The Seychelles – I was so lucky to visit these beautiful islands and will never forget walking on the “talc-like” sandy beaches – simply stunning
8. Barbados – My favourite Caribbean island, friendly people, beautiful beaches and a lasting memory is the Polo match we watched eating cucumber sandwiches!
9. Goa – Colourful is a great way to describe Goa! The night market with amazing street food, Market stalls and live music was a very memorable evening and walking for miles along the sand stopping off at the beach shacks was great fun.
10. The Gambia – Great wintersun destination with friendly locals, amazing food & a highlight was staying in a stilted room on the river watching the exotic birdlife.
3. The Maldives – If its true the islands will disappear – then I better get there soon!
4. Oman – Rich culture, stunning landscapes and luxury hotels – sounds interesting.
5. Thailand – Buzzing cities, island hopping, Temples and stunning scenery, so much to see it will be difficult to choose where to go!
Colette’s Top 10 –
1. Australia – From the Sydney Opera House to Ayers Rock, there is something for everyone in the Land Down Under!
2. Mexico – Turquoise seas and pure white sand…there is nothing quite like Mexico!
3. Thailand – Visit the “Land of Smiles” where you can elephant trek and discover Thai traditions.
4. Las Vegas – this is a gamblers paradise – remember what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!
5. Hong Kong – An ideal stopover and an excellent destination for duty free electrical goods. Visit the island of Macau for the day.
Colette’s Top 5 Wish List –
1. Fiji – Known as the “soft coral capital of the world” Fiji is the perfect place for unforgettable dives or a cruise to remote, secluded beaches and hidden bays. Total paradise!
2. Iceland – There’s never a dull day in Reykjavík, even if the days are dark! The Northern Lights can be experienced during the winter time, where they appear in a variety of colours and intensity. The Blue Lagoon is a popular destination. The lagoon’s geothermal seawater is known for its positive effects on the skin.
3. India – The 7th largest country in the world has so much to offer, from a visit to the Taj Mahal, visiting tigers at Ranthambore National Park, to a view of the Himalayas. A great place for foodies too! You can also experience India by rail for spectacular scenery or even visit Varanasi for a cruise on the Ganges.
6. Bali – Visit some of the worlds most deserted and beautiful beaches – a true taste of paradise.
7. Krakow – This is the ideal short city break destination where eating out is cheap, a trip to the Salt Mines is well worth the visit and a trip to Auschwitz is an educational visit.
8. Rome – One of the most cultural cities in Europe, visit the famous Colosseum and Trevi Fountain & enjoy fabulous pizzas and wine. A visit to the Vatican is a must!
9. Singapore – Another ideal stop over, take the cable car to Sentosa Island and visit a butterfly farm for a good day out.
10. Cuba – Gorgeous white sandy beaches & crystal clear waters of Varadero make this the ideal Caribbean beach break with the chance to visit the city of Havana and take a step back into the 1950’s with original architecture.
4. The Maldives – Floating in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives an ideal honeymoon destination, where you will find the most amazing white sandy beaches and stunning crystal blue waters. Total paradise.
5. Argentina – Argentina is a land of contrasts, from the cities of Buenos Aires and Cordoba to a visit to Iguazu Falls. The Andes are the highest mountain ranges in this area, you can also go horse riding in the countryside. Whale watching is popular in Argentina and you can also see penguins and even ant eaters!
Shannon’s Top 10 –
1. Budapest – A city with a perfect blend of history, culture and even nature! Margaret Island is not to be missed, as well as the parliament building and St Stephen’s Basilica. The nightlife is something special too, the ruin bars are not to be missed!
2. Thailand – Elephant sanctuaries and temples in the north, crazy Bangkok in the centre and stunning beaches in the south. Perfect for everyone!
3. Cambodia – Home to the friendliest people I have ever met. Angkor Wat is definitely a site to put on your bucket list!
4. Orlando – Known as the rollercoaster capital of the world. A city filled with fun for all of the family. Discovery Cove is not to be missed.
5. Rome – From the Trevi Fountain to the Spanish Steps, Rome is a city which you will never finish exploring. Plus, the food is amazing.
Shannon’s Top 5 Wish List –
1. Jordan – History and culture really interests me. I would love to see the capital city of Amman, the lost city of Petra and camp in the vast desert of Wadi Rum
2. Mauritius – A country with a perfect blend of beaches, lagoons and national parks. There are plenty of resorts in Mauritius which offer pure luxury and bliss.
3. Peru – Hiking the inca trail to find Machu Picchu would be an amazing experience. Seeing the Nazca lines and spending time in the colonial city of Lima would also be an amazing experience.
6. Prague – The city where beer is cheaper than water! Spend a day exploring Prague’s vast castle, known as the largest in the world.
7. Vietnam – Home to Ha Long Bay, one of the new 7 natural wonders. The Cu Chi tunnels in the south are not to be missed, as well as Hoi An, a UNESCO heritage where they have a monthly lantern festival!
8. Gili Islands, Lombok – 3 islands which are the image of paradise. Here, cycling is the main mode of transport. Snorkelling on Gili Meno is one of the best spots in Indonesia, where turtles are a common sighting.
9. Cyprus – A country of 2 halves. Stunning beach resorts in the south and the Troodos Mountains in the centre. The Turkish north is an excellent day trip, or you can stay in one of the upcoming resorts!
10. Morocco – Morocco is a mixture of Arab and Mediterranean culture. Some top experiences are navigating the winding souks in Marrakech and Fez and enjoying the coastal towns of Tangier and Essaouira. You must make sure you visit the historical sites of Volubilis and Ait Ben Haddou!
4. Philippines – Stunning beaches and an interesting culture, the Philippines a tropical paradise. Compromised of 7,000 islands, there is so much to explore!
5. Cuba – There is more to Cuba than the All Inclusive resorts. I want to visit the capital Havana, which is set in a 1950’s time warp and the inland and tropical town of Vinales.
Laura’s Top 10 –
1. Lapland – A truly magical holiday that is a once in a lifetime experience, one we will never forget. Where better to meet the man himself than in his homeland.
2. Disneyland Paris – A fantastic holiday for all the family filled with all the magic of Disney.Great rides and shows too. We enjoyed it so much that we went again.
3. Salou – A perfect family destination to experience Port Aventura theme park and a trip to Barcelona while staying in a nice beach resort.
4. Menorca – The smallest of the Baleric islands but an ideal family choice boasting beautiful coved beaches and family friendly resorts.
5. Greece – Whether you choose the Islands or the mainland you will have a brilliant holiday. The people are friendly and the scenery is stunning.
Laura’s Top 5 Wish List –
1. Florida – I have always wanted to go to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. After having 2 brilliant holidays in Disneyland Paris I definitely want to give it a try.
2. New York – I would love to visit the big apple and see all the major sights plus a bit of shopping would be nice too.
3. Safari – A holiday where you get to see the ‘ Big 5 ‘ would be an amazing experience, certainly one to remember.
6. Majorca – The Largest of the Baleric Islands with great beaches and lots of resorts so there is something to suit everyone. You Can also visit the city of Palma.
7. Maldives – This amazing group of islands can be described in one word ‘Paradise’ if you like a relaxing beach holiday this is the place for you.
8. Cuba – A gorgeous Caribbean island with white sands and turquoise waters. You can also visit the historical and cultural city of Havana.
9. Jamaica – This laid back Caribbean Island has fantastic beaches and plenty to see too. The Dunns river falls and Appleton rum factory are worth a visit.
10. Cruise – A cruise is the perfect way to see different destinations in one holiday while staying in a 5* star floating hotel.
4. Dubai – To experience this diverse city with amazing hotels and a fantastic beach location. A visit to the Burj Khalifa would be a must.
5. Krakow – This popular city break destination is one I definitely want to see and I would like to visit Auchwitz and the salt mines.
Donna’s Top 10 –
1. Lapland – Recently returned from Saariselka in Finland. A magical trip taking our children to see Father Christmas.
2. Ibiza – Our favourite family summer destination that has something for everyone.
3. Croatia – I was lucky enough to visit Dubrovnik in the summer. An old town full of ancient history.
4. Disneyland Paris – Full of magic and rides to entertain families off all ages.
5. South Africa – The only way to see wild animals in their own habitat.
Donna’s Top 5 Wish List –
1. Santorini – A picture perfect vision of Greece with spectacular sunsets.
2. Alaska – All about the wildlife and wilderness, an Alaskan cruise is the best way to see this area
3. Mexico – A relaxing holiday with its pristine beaches and calm warm waters.
6. Maldives – The most relaxing place to go. White sand beaches with an amazing underwater world.
7. Orlando – A fun filled holiday. Home to some of the world’s best rollercoasters.
8. Greece – Plenty of islands to explore again and again.
9. Cyprus – An all year around destination. Not just famous for its nightlife, it’s full of history and crystal clear waters.
10. York – Shopping, history and lots of lovely places to eat.
4. Iceland – A very popular destination at the moment, Reykjavik has been at the top of my list for years.
5. Venice – Known as the floating city, I would love to visit Venice